Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Books

According to Time magazine, the top ten books of all times are as follows:


Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Hamlet by William Shakespeare
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust
The Stories of Anton Chekhov by Anton Chekhov
Middlemarch by George Eliot

I love books, I love to be lost in the plot, to shut out the world and indulge in the lives of the characters. I love the way my book always waits for me faithfully by my bedside, just waiting to roll out the events in my head. Books are my great escape. I love every book in the list above, and I love much much more.

Below is a list of my Favorite books of all times:

The God of Small Things, by Arundathi Roy
A Million Little Pieces, by James Frey
Master of the Game, by Sidney Sheldon
RoseMadder, by Stephen King
The Bluest Eyes, by Toni Morrison
Not Without My Daughter, by Betty Mahmoody
The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown

There are loads more that I would love to add to that list. I will continue in another post.

List your favorite books! I would love to hear from you.

Love,
SoulSearch

2 comments:

Gardens of Sand said...

I read so much that my favorite list keeps changing. Here is my my 2006 favorite books list:

Plain Truth-Jodi Picoult
A Breath of Fresh Air-Amulya Malladi. The Mango Season is gr8 too.
To Kill a Mockingbird-Harper Lee
My Sister's Keeper-Jodi Picoult
House of Sand and Fog-Andre Dubus III
Black and Blue-Anna Quindlen
This Side of the Sky-Elyse Singleton

I am fortunate to live 2 miles from a public library. I am there every other week...lol I finish about a book per week, more on holidays!!! That's the thing I think I will miss the most about leaving the US, where will I get the books from? As much as I read it will cost me a fortune. Maybe I will just ship a few boxes when it is time to come home. lol

Gardens of Sand

PS: I love anything Sydney Sheldon and though I am not a fan of Stephen King, I love Rose Madder..I think you lent it to me!

SoulSearch said...

It will be cool to exchange some books. I just treated myself to a new book, called Shalimar the Clown. Its by Salman Rushdie. That should be interesting!

Keep Reading!

Love,
SoulSearch