Tuesday, April 29, 2008

India

It was an amazing trip to India, incredible in every way,




I loved the scenary, the greenery, the uniquness and diversity of this place.


This was the view from my room at the Shangri La New Delhi:














I went on a quick excursion of the city, first stopping at India Gate:









Its basically a war Memorial, sort of like the Tomb of the Unknow soldier, commemorating the Indians who died in WWI.














My next stop was the National Museum, numerous Hindu gods and godesses, dating back to the 12th century!














Very artsy!







There was even an Egyptian artefact!













This one was huge!!!









I love museums!


This is the presidential palace, the parliament is nearby as well.













And on the streets of Delhi




Cute "buggy"
The bus states "Propelled by clean fuel"!!!
My trusty taxi driver Sukhjeet!

No comments: