Monday, March 17, 2008

Dreaming of home...


The last stages of construction can be very frustrating. When we first started building our dream home, the structure of the house was completed in under 6 months... I was thrilled...I thought we could easily move in in the next 2 to 3 months, and that I was being realistic! But boy was I wrong... Its now been a year and a half and we're still no where near ready.


I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but everytime I go to our new house, I just wish I could live here already. I just want space for my children to grow, I want to be comfortable and happy, and I want to be as creative as I can get with its decor. I want to have my family and friends over, I want to sleep within the walls of that house and know that I am in my own home. I want to wake up and hve breakfast in the kitchen and laze around a cool afternoon with my kids and husband. I want to see those bloody movers come inand move all our stuff already...


We're going to start painting the exterior this week, so I'm excited that a major change will happen soon.
The windows are now fixed, so we will be able to fix the gypsum on the ceilings, as there are a few cracks here and there, due to the circulation of air inside the house.
The compound has been laid with the reddish stone that we loved... However, because we started from the other side of the house, it doesn't align with the walls in the front of the house... Its kind of odd looking but there's nothing to do about it now... Its already been fixed, and we can't remove all of the pieces that hav already been fixed.
I love the house sooooo much and love how it looks now... can't stop dreaming about it...
More updates soon
Peace,
SoulSearch

No comments: